- The Night of Power marks the night on which the Qur’an was first revealed to Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Muslims regard this as the most important event in history, and the Qur’an says this night is better than a thousand months (Quran, 97:3).
- Muslims believe that the exact date of the Night of Power was concealed so that people would increase their acts of worship. Prophet Muhammad said, “Seek it (the Night of Power) on the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)
- Muslims are encouraged to seek this night by performing voluntary prayers, reciting the Qur’an, and supplicating.
- The Night of Power is a good time to seek forgiveness, as Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said, “He who spends the night in prayers on the Night of Power as a sign of his devotion and seeking rewards from Allah, his previous sins will be forgiven.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)
- Muslims believe that on this night some angels descend, with their Lord’s permission, saluting those who are engaged in worship and bestowing safety and peace.
p/s: I should have posted this before the 20th of Ramadhan, but since I have been busy with exams and other study related problems, I decided to just post it here,now. Just for our reminder for the next year Ramadhan (InsyaAllah) and the 3 days left in this holy month.
credits: Bg Khalid