How to Concentrate??

SalamHot

My post this time is just about me 'getting prepared' for the upcoming final exams, which is, as far as I'm concern, the first paper will be on the 30th of october. We still got class though, next two weeks along with the Calculus assignments and projects, Parenting presentation and all. Better start revising early or I will messed up my Finals like my midterms.

Alhamdulillah.
ThumbsUpThanks to Dr. Kassim, there's a second chance for those who want to increase their marks in Structural Dynamics' midterm paper. Hope it'll be an easy one. But one thing that keeps bothering me since ever. Can I really start revising as early as now? It's because I'm easily get distracted. During 'Eid break last week, I say to myself the exact same thing. I even brought back my 3kg of text books for this purpose.(well, not exactly 3kg..just want to exaggerate). In the end, I didn't even touch them. Let alone open and read them. FootInMouth

"Concentration is the Most Important Intellectual Habit of Man."


Anyone knows how to cope this problem of mine, how to increase my concentration level? Whenever I decided to do something, sometimes I have to struggle very hard to continue doing it until it's done. That's not very promising if I want to excel in this Finals.
I just googled the sentence "how to concentrate" and found this website. I didn't have the time to read all of the article but I can concluded that in order to concentrate, you will need the help The Aids. These aids will do more than help you to follow a memory course; they deal with your daily work.

1. PERIODICAL RELAXATION
It may seem paradoxical that the first aid to better concentration refers to relaxation. But I have observed that some of the most intense intellects fail in their concentration because they never relax. Failure to let go between efforts is their chief stumbling block. They keep them-selves tense, nervous, " keyed-up " all the time, even when there is no need for it, thereby wasting nervous energy. They find it very difficult to " let go "—to relieve the high-tension by a little natural, wholesome relaxation. Here is the working principle: Relaxation precedes perfect concentration.


2. MENTAL FREEDOM

The next step is to free the mind. Nothing is of greater aid to concentration. In fact, unless you are able to do this, concentration is impossible. When. harassed by the three devils, hurry, worry, and fear, the mind never has a fair chance to center on anything. " Worry generates a poison at the roots of memory." But in your period of relaxation, you have an excellent opportunity to free the mind—now is your chance to eliminate all mental handicaps and get ready for the race. Not only hurry, worry, and fear must be thrown overboard, but anything and everything that troubles you and disturbs your serenity and your peace of mind. Out they go ! You should not indulge in day-dreaming, either, or mental drifting. Clear the mental horizon; give yourself a clean slate to write upon when your hour of concentration comes. And when it comes, if you have availed yourself of these first two aids I have given, you will be, possessed of that rare thing, mental poise.


3. THE PROPER ENVIRONMENT

Now, it is true that a trained mind can concentrate under any conditions—in the roar and din of crowded cities or the busy hum of traffic—in the midst of telephone calls or a thousand and one other interruptions. Give your mind a fair chance. Concentration is difficult enough, even under the best conditions. I would suggest that you seek a quiet place free from all distractions (and noise is a terrible distractor), a place free from all interruptions which may break your train of thought (and a telephone is a terrible interruptor), a place where you can be alone, free from all outside influences (and a friend who " must drops in " is a terrible outside influence), and a place of pleasing environment, beautiful or otherwise, where the atmosphere is right for you. I mean atmosphere in its fuller sense, although an abundance of sweet, fresh air is necessary.

4. A DEFINITE SCHEDULE
The fourth aid to concentration, is a very practical one: make a daily schedule. In the first place, such a schedule saves an inconceivable amount of time. Harrington Emerson, in his noted book, Twelve Principles of Efficiency, lays great stress upon the necessity and value of a written daily schedule. But what has this to do with concentration as applied to memory, you may ask? Simply this—your daily schedule helps to focus the mind, holds it steadily to one thing at a time and in the right order. Following a logical sequence tends to eliminate confusion. A definite daily schedule is a wonderful aid in keeping the mind on the right track. It often proves to be the salvation of those who have been unable to concentrate. Try it.

Even though it's slightly different from what I was looking for in the first place, it is a new knowledge for me. Maybe it is new for you also. It doesn't hurt if you try, right. Well, that's all for now. Ganbatte kudasai ne minna san. Odaijini.

till then, Wassalam.






Comments

0 Responses to "How to Concentrate??"
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Stories

Web Statistics